Friday, December 17, 2010

Career Day at EBT


           On November 5, 2010, the High School for Enterprise, Business, and Technology had their Career Day. Career Day at EBT High School is the day where people from all sorts of professions come to the school to talk about their career and what they do. They gives the students of EBT High School the opportunity to learn about different careers and what these people did to get the career they have. The students also learned about the obstacles, disadvantages and advantages of the careers featured at Career Day.
          So many careers were featured this year, such as social workers, stunt woman, Assistant Director of a company or business, editors, publishers, and so on. There were so many careers at Career Day that stood out to me. One of those careers was this African-American woman who work as a Social Worker. Her job sounded very interesting to me because everyday she deals with clients who suffer with depression and go through so many problems at home, school or anywhere else and is effecting them emotionally. Sometimes I wonder if those people who worked with those clients who face anxiety and depression ever get emotional when they hear their stories. I think working, as a social worker is great, also, because each day they face different type of issues. It also sounds hard because these clients pay money to get results from the whole sessions and sometimes I feel like giving them an answer to their problem right away maybe hard due to the fact that some may misunderstand you and the solution or advice you are trying to give them. 
           Another career I found interesting at Career Day are the Editors that were there.  I feel that career is also to me because I find it fun and interesting to read different kinds of stories from different kinds of author. I find it fun just seeing the work of the author before it was ever published or edited. So I can see how their work was really were before I edit it or have the people publish them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment