Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tattoos

People get tattoos for many different reasons. Some just like the artwork and others have meaningful tattoos. Most people I know get tattoos for the fun of it, but I have a couple friends that have tattoos because it means something to them. It’s interesting how tattoo artists draw these tattoos with just needles. Most people I know get their tattoos on their arms or legs. There are a couple weird places to get tattoos, such as the eye and ears, but I haven’t seen anybody in person with theses tattoos, only I’ve seen them in pictures. Those look very painful and I wouldn’t want to get any of those. If I was to get another tattoo it needs to mean something. I don’t like just going for the design.

I got my first tattoo at the age of 17. You can say it was a good experience trying something new. The design I chose was a cross with a rosary wrapped around it and my grandfather's initials around it. My grandfather recently passed away. I loved him for many reasons. He raised me and took care of me when my parents weren't around. As I grew older I looked up to him and always said to myself that I wanted to be just like him because of the support he gave me. He dedicated his life to working to support the family and especially my grandmother, who was sick. My tattoo is a symbol of him being with me at all times and knowing that he's around.

In my family my brother also has a tattoo. He got his first tattoo at age 20. He got married at the early age of 19 and decided to tattoo his wife's name on his forearm. He tells me he's happy to have that tattoo of his wife who he loves very much. If anything was to happen between them that he will to a cover up and add a different design over it.

I have a friend named Emely who has a couple tattoos but only decided to show one specific tattoo. She has little stars leading to bigger stars. She got this tattoo at age 16 because she says she loves stars of this kind. Stars are special to her for some reason that she doesn't even know.

Another friend I found is named Vanessa. She has a tattoo of a heart with a crown and some design in the sides. She told she got this tattoo for her 18th birthday. She says she fell in love as soon as she saw it and wanted it ASAP. She really doesn't have a good reason for getting the tattoo because she just says she liked it and wanted it for fun. It was also her first tattoo and she said it hurt a lot. She doesn't plan on getting another tattoo (supposedly). These 2 people were the only people who had time to explain to me about their experience with tattoos and what it meant to them. There were more people who also wanted to be interviewed but didn't want to take a picture of where their tattoo was located.





     

No comments:

Post a Comment