Monday, December 20, 2010

Getting to know one of our sciences teacher.

By: Lidia Hernandez

As we all know Ms. Alvarez is a chemistry teacher, at EBT. She came from the Philippines 4 years ago. She has been teaching chemistry for the past 14 years, 10 years in the Philippines and 4 in the united state. and we seat down with her and ask her some questions.

Q- Do you enjoy being a teacher?
A- Yes, because I get to teach something that I like.

Q- How is the school system in the Philippines different from the united state?
A- well students call the teachers ma’m and sir, They stand up when the teacher comes in and say good morning they are not allow to talk back and they treat the teacher with lots of respect, in a class they are40 to 80 students per class in public school, and students are to stay in one room the rest of the day while the teachers from different subject come to them. Also every school in the country has to wear uniform.

Q- When you were younger did you know you wanted to be a chemistry teacher?
A- When I was young I knew I wanted to become a teacher. After high school, I knew I wanted to teach chemistry.

Q- Do you like working in  the school science department?
A- Yes because I have friends in the department.

Q- Is their something you would change about the science department?
A- I would like more resources, more textbooks, and more computers.

Q- Is teaching chemistry easy ?
A- No, because students when they come in they already think is hard.
Well does were a few minutes with Ms. Alvarez now you guys know cool fats about her , she also said earth science would have been her second choice to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment